Friday, January 6, 2012

Cincinnati +4 over Houston & Under 38

I have been enamored with gambling since the age of 12. I am usually not very good at it, no matter how much time or effort I put in. The NFL playoffs however are different for me; especially the Superbowl. I have always done very well in January and early February. I wanted to start keeping a record so here it is. I won't waste everyone's time with exactly how every pick is made but know that I do spend a lot of time looking at stats and past results...these aren't gut feeling picks. Who knows, maybe someone will read this.

I will take Cincinnati plus the 4 here. All of Cincy's losses have come against playoff teams, most in one score contests against teams better than Houston currently is. I feel like this game will come down to which rookie QB makes fewer mistakes. Dalton has a better resume and more practice this year. In a game most likely decided by a field goal Cincy gets a 4 point cushion.

I will also take under 38 here. Both defenses are the superior units and even with 5 total fumbles lost by both teams in their earlier meeting this year both teams only totaled 39. One TD for each team in this meeting sounds right.

Final: Bengals 19, Texans 16

No comments:

Post a Comment